Massage Technique Swedish or Simply Massage Therapy
Use long smooth strokes, kneading and circular movements on the superficial layers or muscle. It is very gentle and relaxing.
Deep Tissue Massage Therapy
Targets the deeper layers of muscle and connective tissue. The use of slower strokes or friction techniques across the grain of the muscle. Deep Tissue is used for chronically tight or painful muscles, repetive strain, postural problems or recovery from injury. Its not uncomman to feel sore after deep tissue massage.
Reflexology involves pressure to certain points on the foot that correspond to organs and systems in the body. Reflexology is very relaxing. Its great for people who stand on their feet all day or people with tired achy feet.
Myofascial Release Massage
It refer to manual massage technique for stretching the fascia and releasing bonds between fascia. It helps to improve range of motion and help with promoting the healing of the muscles eliminating pain.
Backache/alleviate low-back pain
Reduce spasms and cramping
Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles
Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks
Reduce post-surgery adhesion’s and swelling
Lessen depression and anxiety
Increase Joint flexibility
Enhanced sleep quality
Research has also shown that massage has profound effects with specific physiological and chemical changes throughout the body.
- Arthritis suffers note fewer aches and less stiffness and pain.
- Asthmatic children show better pulmonary function and increased peak air flow.
- Burn injury patients report reduced pain, itching, and anxiety.
- High Blood pressure patients demonstrate lower diastolic blood pressure, anxiety, and stress hormones.
- Premenstrual syndrome sufferers have decreased water retention and cramping.
- Preterm infants have improved weight gain.